I've been tagged by Shawna from The Picture Book Teacher's Edition
- You must post the rules.
- Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
- Tag 12 people and link them to your post!
- Let them know you've tagged them!
12 Fun things about me!
- Teaching is my second career... my undergrad degree in is Public Relations and Communications!
- Family is a huge part of my life... there is nothing better than spending time with grandma:) Believe it or not, I have 32 cousins on just one side of my family!
- I am 32. I am divorced. I live with my parents while I'm finishing school. (I know, just slap a huge L on my forehead!)
- (Continuation from number 3....)Sometimes I feel like such a loser because it seems like everyone else has everything figured out(career, family, kids....) and I am just finishing grad school!
- I have two dogs(Jack Russells) named Baylee and Josey.
- I have lost 20 pounds since May! I spinned, zumba'd and bootcamped all last summer! I just started back up and hope to lose another 15-20 pounds by summer.It's not looking so good. LOL (Probably shouldn't have eaten that chocolate cake!)
- I am addicted to the Real Housewives of.... Beverly Hills, Atlanta, New Jersey, and OC! I like my reality TV!
- My last name is 13 letters.
- My mom is from Finland. Her entire side of her family still lives there.
- I have just one sister, named Ingrid. She just had a baby(named Evelina) in April!
- I love the outdoors. My family has a cabin in northern Wisconsin and I try to get up there as much as possible.
- TJmaxx, Target, Barnes and Noble, and Hobby lobby are my favorite stores:)
Shawna's questions for me.....
1. Are you a reading workshop school or do you teach using a reading series? We use the Harcourt Series
2. What are your school hours? 7:30-3:30. School starts at 8:30.
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? So far I like phonemic awareness the best!
4. What is your favorite picture book to read to your class? I haven't read too many picture books yet to this class(I just started student teaching) however, I would love to read "The Pout Pout Fish!" It's one of my favorites and kids love it too!
5. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to document my teaching journey. Also, I always see so many good teaching ideas, I figured what a great way to organize my thoughts and collaborate with teachers I'd normally never speak with!
6. How many students do you have in your class? 15 am kindergarten, 15 pm kindergarten
7. What is a typical lunch that you bring to school? Salad, yogurt, snapple
8. Do you watch the presidential debates? not normally. I read the papers. NY times, Tribune.
9. Coffee or tea? Tea! It has to be orange spice with Honey! But then again I do love my non fat, no whip, iced white mocha latte from starbucks:)
10. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Why? I have always loved Bert and Ernie. I'm not sure why. Probably because I loved that they were best friends.
11. Would you rather get roses or daisy's? Roses. There is nothing better than getting flowers when you don't expect it!
12. Salty or sweet? Both? This made me think of those yummy kettle chips called sea salt and vinegar!
Now for 12 blogs to tag.... (hopefully you guys haven't gotten this yet!)
- Jamie at 2nd Grade Stuff
- Amy at The Resourceful Room
- Tammy at Forever in 1st
- Karen at A little Kinder told me so
- Lori at Conversations in Literacy
- Teresa at 2nd grade Pig Pen
- Melissa at Dilly Dabbles
- Christine at Hopping into First Grade
- Kelly at From Kindergarten with Love
- Diane at Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching
- Mrs. G at It's Grow Time
- Mrs. McKown at Little Literacy Learners
The 12 questions for my 12 picks...
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. Has your school ever had anyone famous visit?
3. What is your favorite subject to teach?
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
5. Where was the last place you went out to dinner?
6. Do you work out?
7. Does your school have art class?
8. Coke or Pepsi?
9. Have you ever been to Wisconsin?
10. Driver or passenger?
11. How many siblings do you have?
12. What is the ratio or male to female teachers at your school?