Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!



 IT'S TASTY TUESDAY EVERYONE!
Every Tuesday I will feature my favorite  recipe(s)! Now I have to let you know that 1) the recipe may be from Pinterest AND, 2) I can't honestly tell you I have tried every recipe I will post, but the ladies at school like to cook(ALOT). FROM PINTEREST. So I will do my very best to post tried and true recipes.


My first recipe is straight out of my mom's 1970's RED Betty Crocker Cookbook. This is my favorite birthday cake. Well, one of them. I like to eat.
An oldie but a goodie and it tastes DELISH!



BROWNIE MOCHA TORTE


Ingredients:
  • 1 package (15 oz.) fudge brownie mix
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I use chocolate chips because I do not like nuts too much)
  • 1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon powdered instant coffee or espresso
  • Shaved chocolate for garnish

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix brownie mix, water and eggs. Stir in the nuts. Grease and flour 2 8-inch cake pans. Divide the brownie mix evenly in the pans.
2.) Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for 5 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and let them cool completely on a baking rack.
3.) Chill a big metal bowl and your beaters in the freezer for a while. Pour the whipping cream into the cold bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Gradually add the brown sugar and powdered coffee. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
4.) Put one cake down on a serving tray, flattest side down. Top with one cup of the whipped cream frosting. Put the other cake on top of the frosting, so the flattest side is up, and use the rest of the frosting to cover the top and sides of the torte. Grate or shave some dark chocolate over the torte and chill for at least an hour before serving.



Here is my two sense on this recipe... like I said, do chocolate chips rather than nuts. Also, the longer this cake sits chilled the better. This gives the coffee time to "marinate" the whipping cream. This is one of those cakes that tastes even better the second day! So it wouldn't hurt to let the cake chill maybe 3-4 hours, or maybe whip the cream ahead of time and let this sit in the frig for a while before adding this part to your layers. Also, this cake is super rich(Ohhh...yeah) so we serve ours with raspberries and raspberry sauce on the side to just add a little something extra. Because I love berries too.

Enjoy. 









No comments:

Post a Comment