Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busy Busy Busy!


Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. I am so sorry I have not posted all week!
I have been crazy busy. I had a midterm due, Tuesday was just crazy, I was battling this cold, and I have been trying to figure out how to make my blog design. I just cannot bear to pay someone $50 or even $100 for a cute little blog. I am determined to figure it out. So. . .  I am researching and playing with GIMP. It's kinda fun and yet kinda makes me want to pull my flipping hair out. I don't have Photoshop and I cannot afford it so we will see. 
I also am trying to figure out this whole TPT store thing. Everyone seems to be doing it, but I have so many questions. Do you all just buy your clip art? It seems like even if you buy clip art you can't use it for commercial use.. is TPT commercial use?

Also, this may seem like a really dumb question, but where do you all make those 100 page units? Are those just word documents? Or is there some hidden place to easily whip up things like that?
(Remember, I'm a student teacher, so before you mutter under your breath what an idiot, I'm new here!)

Hmmm.... on a brighter note, I have 47 followers!!!!
When I get to 50, I'm gonna have a giveaway, because that's what we do here, right ladies!
Woohoo! I'm so excited, although I've never won anything in my life personally, maybe someone can win mine and I'll live vicariously through you!

Lastly, I was trying to think of something academic to share since this is a teaching blog. So, I thought I'd post some pics of this  bulletin board I made this week.


To go with our theme of Valentine's Day, we decided to talk to the kiddos about things they learned how to do by heart in Kindergarten. We got some cute responses!
A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I buy my clip art. I've tried to convince my artist sister to create some for me, but she claims she's too busy. There are several out there that allow commercial use. I use ScrappinDoodles a lot, just read her terms of use carefully, you need a license to offer items for free, but you can use the clip art in things you sell if you give credit back. I also just discovered the3amteacher.blogspot.com and she does amazing work that she allows other teachers to use on their items. I use powerpoint for most of my projects. I can easily add pages and copy whole pages for formatting. Then I save as a PDF document. I use and advertise my TeachersNotebook store mostly on my blog because I get more of a cut, but I do have a TpT store too because it's more established and has more traffic. I just upgraded to the premium membership because I was selling more and that was worth it to get more of a share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that idea of what they know by heart. I'm thinking that could be a classroom book. Thanks for the idea.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl...send me an email and I'll tell ya what I've learned :)
    jenross1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for following me! Now that I'm following you, you're at 51 followers! wahoo! can't wait for your giveaway!

    ashley

    flyinghighinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I thought left you a post, but don't see it. Hmm anyway email me and I will help you with the blog stuff. I did most of mine, myself.
    tiffani- Time 4 Kindergarten
    ca-scrappin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to say the same thing that Melissa said about clipart. KPM doodles is another great clipart artist. She sells her stuff on Teacher' Notebook and she has good terms of use. It can be very addictive to start buying clipart. I use a lot of it in my flipcharts, newsletters, calendars and stuff I make just for my students. I use publisher to create stuff because my school laptop has it on there. But publisher is expensive. Powerpoint is good too. HOpe that helps. If I can help with anything, please email me. kheinrich9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great program that I use (and much cheaper than photoshop) is called Serif Drawplus. I actually got a very inexpensive version. $15 compared to $50 in stores, on amazon. it's amazing, games whip up very quickly using that software. :) and it has features very similar to photoshop

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!! Thank you so much for this great site! I preschool teacher. I have a blog related to the pre-school activities. If you visit will be very happy.

    http://birdunyazeynep.blogspot.com/

    I'll be very happy if you follow me :)

    ReplyDelete